This review is cross-posted at PatternRevolution.com Be sure to stop by there to see another reviewer's look at this pattern as well!
I found Extraordinary Girl to be very charming and a creative inspiration. I was able to do some #scrapbusting and try out the popular "fabric panel" craze with this pattern.
The boat-neck design, combined with lapped neck binding, brings a welcome change to the everyday T-shirt, together with a forgiving neckline allowing for a more comfortable on and off experience.
A week before I began this review, I received my order of princess fabric panels from Eurogirls! While they washed & dried, I looked through my favorite collection of Doodles knits from JoAnn (so very soft and cuddly!) and my knit remnant bucket (fabulous finds in the remnant bins of any fabric store at deeply discounted prices).
I had Extraordinary fun with color . . .
- Price: $9.79, payable via PayPal, available in English or French language versions
- Sizing: 12/18 months – 14 years (19.5" – 31" chest measurement)
- Boat-neck, hi-low hem, long or ¾ sleeve
- Mommy & Me is available! (purchase a separate pattern in women's sizes or the Extraordinary Girl Combo which includes both women & girls sizing)
- Designed for knit fabrics
- Printing option includes the ability to print "layers" (choose a specific size(s) to print); 12 pages to print, 7 pattern pieces to cut, including a functional front pocket.
- Cutting layout graphics are provided for a single color or color blocked top.
- Imperial and Metric fabric requirements are provided as separate charts. A Size Chart and Finished Length Chart is included to guide you in determining appropriate size
- Lengthen/shorten graphic instructions provided
- Confident Beginner Friendly!
Once you print and cut the pattern pieces, you'll be able to put this shirt together in just under an hour. With each one you make, the process will go even faster. The instructions are written thoughtfully; and, together with impressive hand-drawn graphics, you'll appreciate the smooth construction technique.
I love the length—and, that the hi-lo hem is not a dramatic drop. I made no adjustments to either top and found that the sizes I selected based on measurements made a perfect fit.
I definitely recommend this pattern for your little ones! I'm going to make the women's version and am confident that I will love that one too.
New Year, new style . . . be Extraordinary!