Thursday, July 10, 2014

Greenstyle Creations Taylor Shorts for Women PDF Sewing Pattern

Yay!  Its here!  You can now purchase the Taylor Shorts for Women (size 0-18) here!




Previously part of the Womens BundleUP offered by Pattern Revolution, the women's Taylor Shorts are now available as a stand-alone purchase from Greenstyle Creations.  


There are three length options, flat or pleated front, and a contoured waistband.  There is a zippered fly, but no worries, a video tutorial is provided by Greenstyle Creations on their website here. 


This pair of shorts is made with duck fabric . . . isn't it a fun print!
You can find the seahorse print at Hobby Lobby!

I love the comfort of the shorts, and the fact that I can "Taylor" the pattern to fit me using my sewing skills and tailoring knowledge.  Now you can make your own pair of shorts for the summer, in a rainbow of colors and prints to suit your taste!

Since we are all shaped differently (I make a smaller size waistband and take in the back darts a bit more to make my perfect fit), Greenstyle has some helpful guidance for the waistband. If you're a little nervous about making a contoured waistband, watch the video tutorial here.

Here are a couple of pairs I made while testing the pattern.  










I used a lightweight Twill above and a Cotton Duck below.




And here is a seersucker pair for my daughter. . . . you may recognize this pair of shorts . . ..


They are the shorts you see in the piping tutorial on Greenstyle Creations website here.


I often take pictures along the way while testing a pattern . . . it helps the designer see how we understand the directions he/she are drafting; and,  in this case, it helps you if you're looking for some guidance for to add piping to a garment!





LOVE my piping foot!

Get started on your personalized pair of summer shorts!  

I went to Hobby Lobby and grabbed some of that seahorse duck fabric for ME!  

I went shopping wearing my Lille Racerback (Maxi) -- a review of that pattern is here and the pattern can be purchased here.  




Happy Sewing,

gloria june








No comments:

Post a Comment